The creation of the Office for Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) in Davao City paved the way to care the needs and concerns of the people ageing from sixty (60) years and above. It was established sometime in the year 1993 consistent with the provision of Republic Act No. 7432, known as “An Act to Maximize the Contribution of Senior Citizens to Nation Building, Grant Benefits and Special Privileges and For Other Purposes”. The need of creating this office was conceived and developed to put in place the provisions of laws pertaining to the protection of innate rights of the elderly.
The Services offered by the Office includes:
- Issuance of National ID Card for Senior Citizens FREE OF CHARGE which shall be valid anywhere in the Philippines
- Distribution on Purchase Booklet on Medicine (ID issued on Davao and Outside Davao City)
- Distribution on Discount Booklet on basic necessities (DTI) and prime commodities (DA)
Maintain Compliance of RA 9994 particularly the grant of special discounts/privileges to Senior Citizens
- Assist Senior Citizens in filing complaints or charges against establishments and deliberate
complaints with the complaint Board composed of CSSDO, OSCA and the Head of Senior Citizens Federation Davao City
- Data Banking – update on a monthly basis the list of Senior Citizen given ID and Purchase Slip
- Annual Elderlympics competition – Physical and Mental Exercise for older persons which started last
December 2002 in coordination with CSWDO and LGU
- Process and accept WWII (World War 2) Veterans Burial Assistance Application
- Assist the DSWD and CSSDO in the Validation and Issuance of Social Pension
- Eye Care Program “Oplan Bagong Liwanag”
It was materialized through the issuance of Executive Order No. 32, and order reconstituting Executive Order No. 35,
issued on September 29, 1992, creating the Office for the Senior Affairs (OSCA) signed by Hon. Rodrigo R. Duterte.
In consonance herein, an Executive Order No. 15 dated June 2005, otherwise
known as an Order providing for the guidelines on the selection of the Head of Office for Senior Citizens Affairs.
We believe in the fundamental Vitality and strength of OSCA lies in our dedicated, capable and straightforward personnel/ employees,
and we commit ourselves to; Maintain harmonious relationship among all employees and senior citizens’ guests and clients based on sense of participation, cooperation ,
Social Responsibility and an understanding common objectives by creating Tangible Vision, Mission & Goals of OSCA:
The OFFICE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS’ AFFAIRS is located at
OSCA Main Toril – Cong. F.G. Datol Jr. Bldg.,Agon St., Toril, Davao City. You may contact us through Tel. No. (082) 272-4029 or e-mail us @ email@example.com.
We also have Satellite Offices at OSCA Annex I – G/F SP Bldg.,Magallanes Street, Davao City with Tel. No. (082) 241-1000 Local 394 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
and at OSCA Annex II – G/F CSWDO Bldg.,Magallanes Street, Davao City with Tel.No. (082) 241-1000 Local 395 and Email : osca.districtII@gmail.com